Here are a few that caught my attention.
But before we go there, have you signed up to have Amber Alerts sent to your cell phone?
Okay, on with the show.
- Minors (under 18 years of age) are prohibited from driving a motor vehicle while using a wireless telephone, including a hands-free device, and/or a mobile service device (pagers, texting devices, laptops, etc).
- Drivers 18 years of age or older are prohibited from driving a motor vehicle while using a wireless telephone unless a hands-free device is used.
- Both have exceptions, such as in case of emergency. I’m assuming this does not include an emergency pizza order.
- Makes it an infraction punishable by a fine not exceeding one hundred dollars ($100) for a person to smoke a pipe, cigar, or cigarette in a motor vehicle any time a minor is present in the vehicle.
- Limits the maximum consecutive number of times a person can renew a temporary disability parking placard.
- Increases fines for second and third violations related to illegal parking in disabled spaces.
- Alters signage and painting requirements for disabled parking spaces.
- Includes reckless driving on a highway, reckless driving in an off-street parking facility, or exhibition of speed on a highway within the scope of various other existing statutes.
- Requires an applicant as a condition of obtaining or renewing a driver’s license to sign a declaration acknowledging that a driver may be charged with murder if a person is killed as a result of driving under the influence.
Cookiesinheaven hipped me to the wonderful news of Crushcakes Cupcakery setting up shop in our fair town. It’s about frickin’ time we got our cupcakes on around here! Thank you, Crushcakes. And if you would be so kind, I’d greatly appreciate it if you would set aside a Lemon Drop for me.
(Don’t worry, Fresco. Your ginormous vanilla cupcake with thick chocolate frosting will forever hold a place in my